6.03.2010

catching up

Blogland! What's going on? You thought I'd left without saying goodbye didn't you? But I'm here and everything is alright.

Things have been happening, kids. Things which have kept me away from the ol' 'puter. I have news:

- I hurt my shoulder bouldering at the gym about a month ago. I haven't been free of pain since. It hasn't helped that I've been extremely stubborn and keep 'doing stuff' in spite of the pain I'm in. It's pretty obvious that trying to do push-ups for an hour at boot camp class with a sore shoulder is most likely a bad idea, but why would running bother it? I don't know the answer to that question, but I'm not going anywhere that won't let me bring my ice pack and my hot water bottle and my Advil® along.

- Work has actually been crazy. Like crazy to the point that I'm logging at least 8 hours a day, if not more. I'm not sure I like it all that well, but it's nice to stock the coffers. (I realize that 8-hour days are not crazy to those of you who actually work, but I'd gotten used to 2-hour days. This is...a shift.)

- M and I decided that it was time to move in together. That will apparently happen sometime this coming fall. Mostly I'm excited about the decision and I find myself planning things, but occasionally I will get really freaked out and break out in a cold sweat over it. As my mom told me, 'You don't do well with roommates.' I'm hoping that this will be different than past experiences.

It's weird to contemplate a life with someone else when you've spent the past (almost) 40 years building one by yourself and never imagining that you'd one day have to schedule time in the shitter around someone else's day.

- I've started riding my bike everywhere again. I wussed out this winter. Mostly because I don't have a good place to clean it if it gets cruddy. Which it does in the winter. So far, I am without crashing this season, although if I keep riding in my flip flops, I give it a matter of days. Sometimes, though, putting on the bike shoes in order to be able to clip in seems like too much work.

Ok. That's all I think. I'll try to stop by more frequently here in the future.

1 comment:

Blogland said...

Thanks for checking in. Good luck with that shoulder. Happy Memorial Day back atcha.