3.30.2010

taiwan, day 9


We spend the last day very quietly—taking a walk down to a nearby park in the morning; I go to the gym in the afternoon for a couple of hours; and then we have homemade pizza for dinner.

It was a great trip and a very interesting experience. I was really surprised how easy it was to navigate in a place where you don't really know anyone or have much in common with the natives, and especially given not knowing any of the language. I was also amazed at how friendly and polite everyone there was and I loved learning more about their culture.

I'm happy to be home and ready to get back into the routine of daily life. Hopefully, my vacation buzz will last for awhile.

3 comments:

LSL said...

Welcome home. I love easy days on vacations as well as the really intense, hardcore days. (Although a couple hours in a gym could never be an easy day of anything for me.) Thanks for posting throughout your trip - I have totally loved getting a glimpse into a new country.

Melissa said...

Thanks for sharing!!! I love reading about your adventures. Fascinating for me...
Love to catch up soon! Maybe at Nikki's graduation?? How great is that?!

LSL said...

Um, yeah. Don't think that posting daily during a vacation gets you out of posting for the next month. That isn't anywhere in the rules.