7.22.2009

america the weird

Yesterday morning, before getting back on the road, I stopped and saw the portraits of dead leaders carved into rock. And all I could think of was how I could put a rope on Lincoln's head and climb up his nose. It is a pretty impressive thing they did there, especially considering all they used was dynamite and compressed air.

Last night I only made it to La Crosse, Wisconsin. Minnesota foiled me with countless miles of road construction and one really terrific storm that made me pull over to the side of the road to wait it out. So, today will be fairly leisurely since I have all day to get to Chicago and it will only take me about four hours.

For a lot more pics of the Presidents go here.

1 comment:

LSL said...

That all you could think about comment was cute, cute, cute. Love the pics!