6.08.2009

patterson hood / murdering oscar

In what is a first for this here blog, a music rep emailed me an mp3* and suggested that I might want to post it and pimp it. Maybe she thinks I'm a music blog. What she doesn't realize is that almost no one reads it, so her effort was maybe wasted. Joke's on her I guess.

I neither hate nor love what she sent along, but for some reason I feel compelled to do as she requested and post the darn thing. For the sheer novelty of the experience I guess.

It's Patterson Hood's (of Drive By Truckers fame) latest solo effort. I have never been able to jump on the band wagon of the DBT's. Which is odd considering their music should be right up my alley. There's just something about them that doesn't sit right. Their voices? Their kind of not so good lyrics? I don't know but every time I hear one of their songs, I just think, 'Eh.'


I Understand Now - Patterson Hood


*If this is the start of a trend, maybe I'll become a music blog after all. What do you think?

3 comments:

Jeannette said...

I'm sure this is exactly what she meant.

LSL said...

That's so cool. You're great at reviewing and describing stuff.

But please don't become a music blog before you tell us wtf happened to those four kids.

Michael5000 said...

It kind of starts and ends abruptly. Also, it's boring.