5.12.2009

how big is your bladder?


Ask anyone who knows me pretty well, and they'll confirm that this is true: I'm sort of obsessed with bodily functions. I love experiencing them. I love hearing about other people's experiences with them and I especially love talking about them. I'm not shy about sharing my experiences with others either. I will happily pee, fart, burp, pick my nose, whatever, whenever. No matter who else is around. I am fascinated with the daily episodic experiment that is being a human. Therefore, when I recently ran across the website, Daytum, it's probably not much of a surprise that I decided to use it to record my daily bodily functions. As friend, t attested, 'It's like it was made with just you in mind.'

And it was.

The guy who started the website decided one year to create an annual report of his life, and he kept track of literally everything. How much money he spent, how many hours he slept, how many beers he drank. When he got done with the year, he published the results just like a company would. Then he turned to the dub dub dub to bring his vision to the rest of the world. Of course, I have neither the patience nor the time to go into that much detail, so for now, I'm just keeping track of how many times I pee (among other things). Just that number alone is extremely fascinating.

5 comments:

Rebel said...

This makes me feel sooooo much better about my latest post. ;)

dylan said...

I started thinking of more and more numbers to track when I made my Tally Graph wordpress plugin. How about the number of numbers you're tracking? Danger, danger...

LSL said...

That upper-right chart scares me.

Also, you need to come over for dinner in NY. My sister is an RN, my BIL is a NP. Dinner time conversation is gross. You'd love it.

Word verification: velsdust. Sounds like something you snorted before making that chart.

LSL said...

Also, and I don't think I've ever said this to anyone, at least not recently, you need to masturbate more.

d said...

TELL ME ABOUT IT. (i think you just won 'best comment on this blog.'

the dinner table is the best place to talk about bodily functions. i'm so there.