4.17.2009

braggadaccio

Link
Remember this guy?

I found out a couple days ago that he was accepted into the American Illustration 28 annual. It was juried and all, so it's not like it was that finger painting you did that one day in kindergarten that got a gold star and hung up on the chalkboard. So, there's that.

I really need to paint or draw again. I've been lax because I grew a little bored with the portraits of famous people, honestly. I think 52 of 'em was maybe a little too ambitious. I do, however, have a new series in mind. Of bugs.

I also wanted to say thanks to those of you who have worried about me disappearing from blog land and sent me email. I'm still alive. Just too busy to blog. Hopefully, that will change soonish.

3 comments:

tina f. said...

That is awesome, D. You are all talented and stuff. Well done.

And for the record, the watercolor of the bunny I did in kindergarten that won first prize in the county art fair was a fucking masterpiece, buddy.

LSL said...

Dude! That is awesome!

I'd also like to say I had some pretty stylin things on the fridge in my day.

Michael5000 said...

I am surprisingly stoked about the impending bugs.