3.05.2009

nobody died


Yesterday I led my first hike for the Sierra Club. Before the fated day, I had started to get a little annoyed with all of the logistic crap that is required to drag a couple of people up a hillside, but the actual hike ended up outweighing all of the consternation. It actually ended up being a lot of fun.

Three things made it a successful outing: 1) the weather was fantastic with sunny skies and temps in the upper 40s. My balding head even got sunburned; 2) it only took us 4 hours total, including pre-hike talk, lunch and post-hike high-fiving, and 3) everyone returned with all of the limbs they started out with and most importantly no one died!

4 comments:

LSL said...

Very cool pic! I'm glad it went well. I bet they loved having you lead them.

Also, do you Twitter? Would you if we asked nicely?

dylan said...

Looks like a gift day! Is that sawtooth peak in the back?

d said...

lsl: i don't know about LOVED, but no one threw any rocks at the back of my head.

oh twitter. i'm still on the fence. i used to twitter and then quit, but now that it's apparently the only place to find out what's really going on in the world, i may sign back up.

dylan: it was a gift day. i have no idea what peak that is. so let's say it's sawtooth.

Michael5000 said...

Congratulations on your very low preliminary body count!