2.27.2009

brainard lake


So do you remember how last fall I decided that I was going to start leading hikes for the local chapter of the Sierra Club? Well, it has begun. Next Wednesday, I'm leading my first group on a snowshoe trip in Indian Peaks Wilderness Area. One of the requirements of leading is scouting the trail a few days before you lead the hike. I chose today to fulfill this requirement.

I was all worried that there wasn't gonna be enough snow up there, because there is absolutely zilch down here. But, as you can see from the picture, it is still full-blown winter up in the hills. The hike only took me two hours because it was only five miles and there's barely any elevation gain. Since we're doing this on a weekday though, I imagine that most of the people coming along will be really old or complete deadbeats, so does anyone want to place bets on how long it takes the group? Three hours? Four?

I hope not any more than that.

1 comment:

Michael5000 said...

Are you in the Colorado Mountain Club? My bro-in-law and his wife lead hikes with them. They are total Colorado Mountain hardcore people.