11.25.2008

urban sketchers

I recently ran across a pretty cool blog called Urban Sketchers where contributors sketch locations in the cities they live in and then post them. It has inspired me to do the same here in good ol' northern Colorado. Today, while out doing errands I stopped and had lunch at one of my favorite restaurants, La Luz, which is conveniently located right across the street from one of my favorite buildings in town, The Northern Hotel.

This is as far as I got before my food came. It's almost impossible for me to draw and eat at the same time. Even a burrito.


As you can see, I have a long way to go before I get good at sketching urbanly. Hopefully it's just a matter of practice. So, I'm gonna set the goal of once a week, heading out on my bike, picking a spot and sketching it.

2 comments:

Rebel said...

I look forward to seeing the results!

LSL said...

Hey, that's pretty cool. I hope you'll post your weekly sketches.