11.23.2008

some stuff happened this weekend. i guess.

1) A and I went to see 'The Changeling' on Friday night. All I have to say about it is the story was really interesting. Ok. That's not all. I also have to say—this movie totally sucked it. The writing was terrible. The acting was even worse. And the direction sucked it most of all. This was not the Eastwood of 'Million Dollar Baby'. I don't know what this was, but it was truly awful and an utter waste of time.

2) Saturday, A and I took a hike up Grey Rock. Every year since I moved to Colorado, I've gone up this mountain frequently. At least 4 times a year. Then, this year, for some reason that I still can't fathom, I didn't hike it once. So, it seemed like it was time. Sadly, I forgot to bring my camera with, so here's a picture I took last year on a trip that Ann and I took up old baldy. On weirdly almost the same date. It was cold and foggy then, but this weekend's trip was cool and sunny. A nice change.


Looking at all of my pictures from last year, I realized that back then R-dog was still hiking with. Now, she can barely make it through our daily treks through the open space near my house. That's sad-making y'all. At any rate, it was nice to see that Grey Rock hasn't changed any, even though I've neglected it this year.

3) Today I drove down to Westminster to attend Leadership 101, a course given by the Sierra Club that gets potential leaders ready to start leading hikes. It was pretty interesting and I got a free binder full of very detailed info on the matter that I should probably read at some point. Now I just need a mentor to follow me on a couple of hikes and then I'll be able to lead people to their deaths in Colorado's back country all by myself. You've been warned.

Now I'm doing laundry, surfing the web and trying really hard not to fall asleep. For I am exhausted.

1 comment:

Michael5000 said...

Oooh! Oooh! I want to be led to my death in Colorado's back country!!!

Wait, what?