10.19.2008

the sinking ship (fingers crossed)


I've long had a soft spot in my heart for Colin Powell. It was strengthened when he stood up to Bush and his cronies in 2004 (?) by telling Americans that Bush had lied about the presence of Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq. Today, it was solidified when he stood up to his party yet again by endorsing Obama. Instead of just toeing the party line he stated his opinion of who will be better able to lead this country out of the trouble we're in with his usual understated dignity and eloquence.

And, of course, the right wing nutjobs are calling him unpatriotic and unAmerican and every other 'un' you can think of. General Colin Powell unpatriotic? Whatever. This is why politics make me crazy.

3 comments:

boo said...

That is why it makes me crazy too. People are all up in arms about someone defaming Joe the plumber by calling him a plant, but those same folks will happily turn around and defame this man.

Jeannette said...

After reading the headlines, it took me about 30 seconds to realize that he's a republican...

Rebel said...

I heart Colin Powell... I think he tried to do his best while working in a corrupt administration. I'm so happy he's endorsing Obama!