10.03.2008

let the rationalizing begin

I like how this is the new standard for doing well in a vice presidential debate:

Yes, she wins high marks for emerging from the debate still standing and still smiling.

- Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun Times
I chose this quote because it was the latest one I'd read today, but I've seen it several other places. So, Sarah Palin deserves credit for 'still standing'? If it were anyone else, everyone would be saying, today, that she lost hands down. They would be talking about how she didn't directly answer any of the questions and how ill prepared and uninformed she was. Instead, they talk about her flag pin and how 'real' she seemed.

Bah.

When did our standards get so low? Is it because she's a woman? Is it because everyone feels sorry for her?

She cannot do the job, people. She is incapable. She is inexperienced. She is the worst choice for a vice presidential candidate since America became a country 3 million years ago. Why should we lower our standards just to make the choice seem not like the slap in the face that it is?

3 comments:

Dave said...

I agree with you on most of these points, but I do feel like I need to correct you on one point: America can not possibly have been a country for three million years. Everyone knows the Earth is only 6,ooo years old.

You're welcome.

d said...

thank you sir. i stand corrected. forever your humble student in the blogosphere.

Michael5000 said...

I agree.

Also, I know you're not so much a football guy, but quite a game for KU today....