9.24.2008

some stuff

1) So, now the McPalin campaign wants to postpone Friday's debate so that McCain can actually go to DC and help the country survive the current financial crisis. He basically said that if Obama doesn't agree, then Obama doesn't care about the country.

Obama's response (paraphrased): The President of the United States should be able to do two things at once.

I like the take on it from the Daily Kos:

To be perfectly serious for a moment, I think it's obvious what they should do with the upcoming debate. McCain's notion of canceling it is silly (and a bit insulting to the public), but holding a debate about foreign policy and ignoring the trillion-dollar elephant in the room might be a bit much. The debate simply is going to have to address on the economy, at least in part.

So fine -- let's change the focus of the debate to the economy. It would be a fine opportunity to see what the candidates can do without weeks of advance preparation with surrogates, talking points, and the like -- what better test of candidates then to simply ask them about these issues, and let them talk. Such a debate would be exactly what many of us have been waiting for, including, purportedly, John McCain himself -- a chance for a true spontaneous debate between the two candidates.

I don't think it should require much to just switch the topic of the debate and be done with it. John McCain has been in the Senate for 26 years. If he's not ready to talk about the economy now, he isn't ever going to be.

If you read between the lines a little bit, you learn that really McCain wants to postpone because then the first Presidential debate would replace the VP debate next Thursday which means that the McCain campaign doesn't think that Palin can survive a debate against Biden after her disastrous interview with Katie Couric last night. Which is probably a good idea because if she had trouble with Katie Couric, who's no Wolf Blitzer, she definitely wouldn't survive Biden. Tell me why they thought she'd be a good pick again?

2) When you run and you don't have any hair on your head, there's nothing to funnel the sweat away from your face and for some reason the sweat from the entire circumference of your head runs down into your eyes.

3) I. Can't. Wait. for the election to be over. God, I'm so sick of it. I'm sick of thinking about it. I'm sick of getting angry about it every single day. I'm sick of wishing desperately that the American public isn't as blind as I think they are.

4) Has anyone seen the trailer for Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist? Can anyone tell me who sings the song they use in the trailer (the one they end the clip with)? I know I know that song. I know I have that song. I know I've listened to it a million times. But I cannot place it and it is causing my eyes to bleed.

5) Bald heads are itchier than heads with hair.

6) There was something else, but I forgot what it was because this post took way too long to put together.

No comments: