9.15.2008

i'm totally in love

This year's Presidential race just got dangerous. Professional photographer Jill Greenberg was commissioned by The Atlantic to do a photoshoot of John McCain for their cover story in next month's issue. Once she was done, she manipulated some of the outtakes for her own personal use. Greenberg is well-known in the industry for both her excellent photography skills as well as her talents with Photoshop, and she put them to good use in this instance. Quite a few years ago, I had the pleasure of working with her on some ads that I was doing in Winston-Salem. I remember her being extremely professional and exceptionally easy to work with. For some reason, though, The Atlantic is really pissed at her.

But I'm totally in love with her now. You know, for telling it like it is. There are others in the series up on her portfolio site.

You've probably seen this already, but I thought I'd post it again, just in case you don't spend all day on the interbunny like I do.

2 comments:

Michael5000 said...

Boy-o, I hope she's got some cash salted away. She sure isn't gonna get any more contracts after a stunt like that....

d said...

it'll be interesting to see if there's any fallout. i think, as an artist she had every right if not an obligation to do whatever she wanted with her work.

i think that some companies will decide not to use her, but others may be drawn to use her because of them.