8.25.2008

weary bones

The R-dog has had the same bed since she was just a little puppy. Twice, over the years, I'd tried to buy her a new bed, but she wanted nothing to do with either one of them. Mostly because they were so cushy that she couldn't stay on them. So, I'd given up on finding her a new place to lie down.

She's 10 now so her old bed has been with us for a little bit. And the R-dog likes to swim and then come home and lie down on her bed. And it's pretty easy to wash the cover, but not so easy to wash the foam... Are you getting the picture? Yeah. It had gotten really, really stinky. Yesterday I decided it was probably time to invest in a new one whether she liked it or not, so I geared up and made the trek to PetSmart. There were two choices, a thin $30 kennel mat that didn't look nearly big enough for a large, 95-lb puppy, and a larger, 4-inch thick, $90 one that looked like a good size, but I was afraid might have the same 'too cushy' problems as the other ones we'd tried. I was standing there, pondering, and thought, 'She's old and has weary bones, she deserves a nice, soft place to rest.' So I bought the expensive one and hoped that she'd like it.


She hasn't moved since I put it down yesterday afternoon. It was worth every penny.

3 comments:

tina f. said...

Ms. Rogan! So comfy. So cute. I am glad she is happy. I just got my phone back and am out of "surgery". Life is slowly returning to normal...

Rebel said...

Oooohhh... I'm jealous! Her bed looks significantly more comfy than mine!!

Michael5000 said...

Lucky dog.