8.14.2008

all of it's hanging out

Michael Phelps is a government created cyborg bent on world domination. Remember the story of Captain America? And his meltdown? Yeah. I don't want to be there when it happens. What he's accomplishing is just simply amazing. And sort of once in a lifetime. Like a comet or something.

And, let's all of us pause for a moment and give some recognition to Rebecca Soni. She stomped all over everybody else (in a really tough race and in her first Olympics) and was contrite and self deprecating afterwards. That there's a true Olympic athlete, kids.

I can't watch beach volleyball any more. Every time I see it, I start laughing about what Mama D said about it. And can't stop. So, I have to change the station. At the risk of offending her, I'll share her words of wisdom with you:
We are enjoying the Olympics too--well, all except that stupid beach volleyball crap. Why do they insist on showing that when there are legitimate sports out there? Who wants to watch two women with it all hanging out, slapping a little ball around a sandbox? There is true sport out there folks!
Makes me laugh every time I read it.

No more Michael Phelps montages, please. And I don't want to hear any more about his double jointedness. Or his 'flat backside'. Seriously, they just said that on the tv. Hilarious.

I can't watch the women's all-arounds either. I just can't. The night terrors.

3 comments:

Mark said...

Last week you were praising beach volleyballers for being able to cover the same court as 6 people with the additional encumbrance of sand.

Flip-Flopper!

They've been wearing bathing suits for the last decade of training and competition. Should they change to knickers and jolly hats for the Olympics?

d said...

oh no. i still think they're fairly good athletes, i just keep laughing whenever i see it onscreen.

i think what my mom is saying is that any sport you can perform in a bathing suit while not in an actual body of water should not be considered a sport.

Michael5000 said...

This is the only Olympic coverage I am following. I think I'm getting the best information for my time investment of anyone out there.