7.14.2008

stuff and such

I decided that I couldn't live with the sad state my lawn is in, so I bought some more grass seed this weekend. And what is probably the dirtiest name for a product I've come across in a long time, Lawn Honey. Supposedly, it will re-green your lawn in a mere seven days and it bonds something-scientific-something-or-other in the soil to new seed to help it grow stronger and faster. Although, I doubt there's anything in the world that will help it grow if the R-dog doesn't stop going out there and rolling around on top of it.

If this doesn't work, I may give up all hope of having a nice lawn.

I worked an entire 4.5 hours today. I'm exhausted. If I ever eventually go back to a full-time job, there's going to be a very, very rough transition period.

Last week I finally got up the courage to call a plumber to fix the leaking bathtub faucet that I couldn't fix this winter. The first place I called, which had an actual brochure that I found somewhere, said they'd charge me $50 to even knock on my door. In my head I saw a bill totaling $500. So, after hanging up with them, I decided to head to the ol' trusty interbunny. Specifically, craigslist. I found a guy who came to my house at 8a, fixed the leak in about 25 minutes and then re-stuck the thingymabobs to the tile with some silicone something or other, all for the low-low price of $37.50. Moral of the story: the internet is awesome. The only regret I have is not doing this a whole lot sooner. I would've wasted a lot less water.

Can anyone explain to me why there's another X-files movie coming out?

7 comments:

Kate T-C said...

Oh my gosh! X-file movie! Mark and I saw the commercial for that and just about pooped ourselves. How did we not hear about this before? Why is nobody mentioning it? How can they possibly think this will work? Most of the people who watched X-files regularly, like Mark and I, are now so old that we've pretty much forgotten everything that happened in that series!

Oh, and good luck with the lawn. And cool about the plumber. That's sweet. :)

Dave said...

What's dirty about "Lawn Honey?"

Dylan K said...

I can verify it - the day is only half as long when you have no set working hours. Going back already seems impossible.

d said...

ktc: tell me about it. i haven't even thought about the x-files for like 20 years. i'm not sure how well this is going to go over...

dave: seriously?

dylan: there are issues with both, of course.

Mark said...

Yep.. I was a medium devoted fan and I moved on a long time ago. Around 2000 I decided that perhaps "the truth is NOT out there."

Michael5000 said...

I'm not exactly sure why "Lawn Honey" is dirty... but the idea that it IS dirty is friggin' hilarious.

Mrs. C. said...

Here's a MUST READ article from the New Yorker for anyone purchasing products called "Lawn Honey":

http://www.newyorker.com/arts/critics/books/2008/07/21/080721crbo_books_kolbert