7.29.2008

one lesson. (probably not) learned.

This morning, I had a meeting in the big city about an hour south of me that ended at about 11a, so I decided to stop and get some lunch for my drive back home. I was looking for a Chipotle because I have some cards for free burritos, but I didn't run across one, so I stopped at Jimmy John's and got what I always get: a #3 and a bag of jalapeno chips. I very carefully unwrapped the paper and closed it up around the bottom of the sandwich and as I was starving, dug in. About halfway through, I felt a little dampness on my stomach, but didn't really think anything about it, I was too engaged in mowing through my lunch. Then I happened to look down and noticed that the mayonnaise-juice that is inherent with a tuna salad sandwich had wormed it's way through a wrinkle in the paper and leaked all the way down the front of my shirt and the crotch of my pants. We're talking a lot of mayonnaise-juice people.

So, instead of stopping at the gym on my way home like I'd planned (which was really the whole reason for eating lunch on the road in the first place instead of just waiting until I got home), I came home to change my clothes and then turned around and went back to the gym. And I swear I smelled the lingering smell of tuna juice the whole time I was bouldering.

Sigh.

I wish I could say that this was an unusual experience, but I just spilled salad dressing all down the front of my second shirt of the day. It's untenable. I think I'm gonna just start going naked from now on. It'd be cheaper.

5 comments:

Rebel said...

Oh... I've so been there. Half my shirts are stained because as a girl I have that nice shelf to catch all the stains before they even get to the napkin I always put in my lap. =/

I wonder if this is what that book Naked Lunch is about.

Michael5000 said...

Ooh, kind of a tuna salad sandwich-shart. Brutal.

Jeannette said...

And this is why the Lord created blogs.

Dylan K said...

And Jeanette is why the Lord created comments...

d said...

rebel: i'm glad i have a 'brother-in-arms'. i think maybe i just need to stop eating...

m5k: totally. i think the most brutal part was the hour-long ride home trapped in a car smelling like tuna.

j & d: HA! nicely done.