7.08.2008

i know i keep dumping it all into one post, but i don't have a lot to say, so this makes it easier. deal.


It's a fairly well-known fact that I am terrified of birds. I'm not really sure why either. I was probably a mouse in a past life or something. Or it's the fault of The Birds by Hitchcock. I don't know. Anyway some robins built a nest on this little shelf-like thing under my roof. Which is right by the water valve to which the sprinkler is attached. So, three times a week, every ten minutes for an hour, the mama robin tries to peck out my eyes while I try to water the grass. Which turns this already fairly nauseating chore into something from American Gladiators. And makes me kind of want to just let the grass die.

I'm sort of in love with Santogold. Which is weird because electronic dance music is soooooo not my bag.

I started rereading Heinlein's Stranger in a Strange Land over vacation and am happy to report that I have found myself enjoying reading again. So, maybe it was just my choice of reading material.

4 comments:

Michael5000 said...

Terrified of birds? For reals? I've never heard of somebody having that problem before. Seems like it would be a real drag, birds being inconveniently common....

Kate T-C said...

You know, Mark is terrified of pointy things aimed at his eyes. This includes pens, fingers, store racks, and birds. Especially humming birds. The man is terrified of humming birds. So, I understand where you're coming from.

And Santogold is electronica that you like? I'll have to check it out, thanks!!

Mark said...

I'm only afraid of hummingbirds because they are pointy objects with tiny brains bent on terrorism... and very very fast.

Sean, want to go to the zoo sometime? There's only a medium chance that I will find a peacock to enrage (and hilarity ensues... or a hilarious accident)

d said...

m5k: yep. for reals. they have lots of sharp, pointy things attached to their bodies which make them dangerous.

kate and mark: i'm glad i have a brother in arms! and that someone understands, 'cause most people just make fun of me for it.

i don't think i could handle seeing you get attacked by a peacock though. that might push me right over the edge into dumbly-drooling-on-myself land.