6.06.2008

Oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god

The [Cherry] Ride mentioned the other day that he was in search of a Summer Jam and so I started wondering when I was going to find mine. Then I downloaded the sophomore effort from Frightened Rabbit, The Midnight Organ Fight and I think I may have found it. I've been struggling a little bit, trying to choose because the entire album if f'ing fantastic, but I think I've finally narrowed it down to 'Keep Yourself Warm'.

The lyrics may be a little dark for a true Summer Jam, but I'm in a dark kind of mood lately, so it fits. And even though the lyrics are dark, the melody rocks it hard, so it will be good to jam to.

A note to Frightened Rabbit: not that you probably will, but if you see this and you want me to remove it, don't hesitate to ask, and I will remove it promptly. You're just so good I feel the need to share.

2 comments:

The [Cherry] Ride said...

I like it! But by definition, doesn't a summer jam need to be something you can dance to?

d said...

well, maybe that's your definition [c]r, but my summer jam's are always songs that make me feel like cranking up the stereo, rolling down the windows and driving around until the song's over. or i get sick of listening to it. whichever comes first.