6.15.2008

hot damn

It's done finally. For the most part. I need to get rid of the tufts of grass still sticking up, so that everything looks consistent, but the stones are all put in. I have a lot of stones left over that I need to decide what to do with, but I think I'm gonna wait a while so that I can forget the pain of digging all of those holes before putting any more in. Thanks again to Doug and Dylan for sharing some of the misery with me.


The bad news is my grass planting didn't end up taking as well as I'd wanted it to. It's been just sunny enough without any days of rain that a lot of the new grass is starting to shrivel up and die, regardless of how much I water it. Oh well, I tried. And it still looks better than it did. Maybe in the fall I'll throw some more seed down just to see what happens.

2 comments:

LSL said...

This looks great! I have an idea for those other stones . . . come to my house and do the same here? It must feel great to get that all done. Looks nice.

d said...

i'm there! i've always wanted to visit parts of new york outside of the city. although with baggage charges being what they are, it would be really expensive to get the stones to your house...