4.30.2008

walk it off


The Loon was one of my favorite albums of Ought Six, so I was pretty excited back in January when I heard that Tapes n Tapes was coming out with a new album in the spring. The wait took something like forever, but finally the day arrived when Walk it Off was available for download. I was more than happy to listen. Unfortunately, I read a bunch of reviews of it first.

The critics hated it.

Fortunately, I was able to ignore their criticisms and listen to it with my own ears. I, for one, think it's pretty darn near fantastic. It's pure unadulterated rock. Which we really don't get very often these days. Nice drums, nice bass beats, nice guitar melodies. So, to everyone who decried the sophomore slump with this album, I say, 'Bah. You don't know what you're talking about.' I think it's a rollicking good time. And, it's great to run to.

No comments: