4.08.2008

ok. one more basketball post.


I woke up with a huge smile on my face this morning. This is Massachusetts St in downtown Lawrence. Last night after the game. It would've been great to have been there. It would've been unbelievably incredible to watch that game in a town full of the faithful.

I know, I know it's just a silly basketball game, but it's also so much vindication. For all of the true believers who knew we could do it again. Against all the doubters who said we may have won, once, 20 years ago but hadn't done anything since. Against Roy Williams who, in my mind, lost all rights to wear a Jayhawk on his shirt when he defected in 2003 after never winning us a championship, but getting one for North Carolina the very next year. With a team he didn't recruit by the way. And, now that he's been there for five years, enough time to have recruited every player on his team, he did what he always does and choked, choked, choked. I think, if nothing else, this season, culminating in last night's win, proves that Bill Self is a better coach than Roy Williams.

I'm honestly just floored. Excited. Amazed. And, so very, very happy. I doubt I'm going to get much done today.

So, here's to you, Jayhawk players, Coach and even us fans, nicely done. WE'RE NATIONAL CHAMPS!

No comments: