4.17.2008

grindhouse: death proof

Although I'm pretty sure that Quentin Tarantino is a colossal douchebag, I pretty much love everything he's ever done film-wise. Especially Kill Bill. So, I was pretty excited about his two Grindhouse movies. The first one, Planet Terror was pretty excellent as a nod to 70's horror films. The second one, Death Proof, I'm just not sure about.

It definitely had its moments. And there was something pretty compelling about the 'made in the guise of a 70's noir thriller' thing. And I found myself laughing quite a bit. And Rosario Dawson's lap dance was...breathtaking. But Kurt Russel's double chin kind of freaked me out. And the rest of the acting was pretty terrible. As was really the script. But it's one of those things where you're not sure if it's bad on purpose because of what it's spoofing. So, if it is bad on purpose then it's really good. Which usually annoys me.

All in all though, I feel like all I really did was spend two hours watching Quentin Tarantino masturbate.

4 comments:

The [Cherry] Ride said...

Last sentence: Eeewww!

Big Daddy said...

I agree with Cherry.

d said...

i never said that was a good thing. jeez.

Michael5000 said...

You have to admire the man's stamina.