2.04.2008

this is what i have to say about that


I know that everyone is posting about the Super Bowl, so I won't be too longwinded here, I just have to say two things:

1. Bill Bellachick's poor sportsmanship at the end of the game illustrated perfectly why the Giants definitely deserved to win the game. Besides just playing better that is.

2. The E-Trade commercial with the talking baby and the clown was the best out of a very lackluster bunch. Normally, I hate the talking babies/animals/other things that don't normally talk commercials, but that one. That one made me laugh out loud. I underestimated the creepiness factor indeed.

In other news, I've been actually watching a LOT of C-Span lately in order to really get in tune with the candidates in anticipation of voting in Colorado's caucus on Super Tuesday. I have this to say: I really don't want Billary to be president. Not only am I really tired of the Bill part of that equation basically running for president again, and being a complete dick about it, I really can't stand listening to Hillary talk. Almost as much as I hate hearing Dubya's voice. Her voice is just so...grating? annoying? condescending and smug?

So, all of my C-Span/CNN/NYTimes viewing/reading/watching has led me to finally declare support for one of the candidates: Go Kucinich! No. Really. I'm rooting hard for Obama. I've watched a lot of speeches on YouTube and read as much as I can cram into my brain and I think he's the real deal. Hopefully. I've thought that before and have been sorely disappointed, so I say that with bated breath and crossed fingers. I'm extremely nervous for Super Tuesday even though I know for the Democrats it really won't determine a winner, I want him to come out ahead. If he doesn't, it may mean I'll actually have to volunteer or something to help spread the word. The thought of which makes me feel all sweaty and lightheaded.

7 comments:

Jeannette said...

NO NO NO NO! I dont get to watch the game until later this week! Ive been avoiding my homepage and friends' facebook statuses, I fucking forgot you and your random sports posts. Luckily I got my hand over the monitor quickly and obviously didnt immediately recognize the guy in the photo's face.
But I did see the "suck on patriots" tag. fuck.
I dont know what happened, with me going overseas and suddenly becoming nationalistic and patriotic. maybe i have cancer. not to mention the mariah carey and grey's anatomy.

d said...

dude! i'm so sorry. i didn't even consider the fact that i could possibly be spoiling the outcome of that for anyone. SORRY!

i can definitely see where living in a foreign country would inspire patriotism and nationalistic pride.

although i'm not all that sure where grey's and mariah fit into that equation...

Mark said...

Your afterthought of Hillary having an annoying voice struck a nerve with me. I declare "has an annoying voice" is not a valid reason, please choose another. Do I wish that we all voted based on rational choices, Sure! Are our gut feelings going to get involved anyhow... Of course!

And that's what makes the following Onion article funny...
Poll: Bullsh*t Is Most Important Issue For 2008 Voters

d said...

ok. how 'bout she's one of the worst flip floppers out of the current candidates when it comes to anything but health care, she and her husband are running a dirty campaign that i don't really care for, everything that comes out of her mouth seems really contrived and i don't think she'll do half of the things she is promising—instead it's all a bunch of lip service just so she can get elected.

d said...

plus, i'm really sick of the fucking crying already.

go obama!

Mark said...

Now that's a good set of reasons!

d said...

god. good. glad i could oblige.