1.01.2008

yeah. it's new year's.

I'm usually one to eschew tradition and avoid doing things just because everyone else is doing them, but this year I've decided to make, not resolutions really, but some goals for the new year.

1. Visit at least two different countries by the end of the year (dependent solely on travel fund availability).
2. Try one semester of the MFA program at SCAD.
3. Finish enough paintings to have my own show.
4. Make a list of things I want to do to my house and knock off as many as available funds will allow.
5. Climb a 5.11
6. Grow a really kick ass beard.

7 comments:

tina f. said...

but i thought the reason you never grew a beard was because it made you all itchy. i don't want you to be all itchy.

otherwise i hope you achieve everything on your list this year.

d said...

i know. and i am itchy. but i'm trying to persevere. for some reason i really want a beard. it probably won't last long.

Dave said...

Stick it out, man! If growing a beard was easy, everybody would have one!

Jeannette said...

Oh, come visit me! I have two futons and I dont mind beards.

d said...

dave: i'll take the word of a master.

j: i would love to come visit you. i will look into it.

Michael5000 said...

Damn that's an ambitious list. Which is good.

Have we seen any paintings here on MM&M? I'm not remembering....

d said...

um. yes. some stuff i've done for daytrotter... but i need to work on some personal stuff this year. wish me luck.