1.23.2008

week 4

So, apparently new growth has slowed down to a crawl. Or has stopped altogether. I can't tell. I almost shaved it all off this week, but after vehement exhortations from a few people, decided to settle for just trimming the fuzzy stuff along the jawline. Which was largely unsuccessful as I am unskilled with said trimmer. So, I decided to just leave it the hell alone. For another week (?) or until I just can't stand it any longer.

It's still f'in' itchy.

Oh. And so far, no super powers whatsoever. Plus, as g says, I think it has made me skinnier, as if all of the nutrition my body is consuming is being funneled straight to the beard. And, I developed a canker sore on the inside of my upper lip. Something I haven't had since I was a gawky teenager with braces that kept cutting up the inside of my mouth. Q and I decided it was the mustache's fault. For, really, I think I could handle this whole beard thing if it weren't for the damn mustache. That's the part that bugs me the most. Plus, the hair is not curling. Really. It's pretty much just sticking straight out from my face. Which makes me look like a bristle brush.

Oh. And the other thing is, I feel really, really weird exercising with the beard on. It's as if people who grow beards should not be concerned about their physical appearance. Not really the rock climbing actually, 'cause a beard and rock climbing seem to go hand in hand, but spin class? Nothing makes you feel stupider in spin class than having a beard.

5 comments:

Big Daddy said...

Looks good.

Gray Singleton said...

Rrrrrorw. Hot. I think the mustache bristles will quiet down in a few more days, you've just got to give them a chance (and it helps if you comb them down every now and then, to give them a nudge in the right direction).

d said...

comb? seriously?


this might not be worth it...

Michael5000 said...

Be strong, bro.

LSL said...

Hilarious. And cute as buttons. Keep trimming.