1.09.2008

week 2

It's hard to tell exactly how full and luxurious my new beard is from this lousy picture. Some of that has to do with the fact that there's an odd amount of blond hair in there. Odd, because of how not blond the hair on my head is. Some of that has to do with how utterly craptastic my camera is when taking pictures indoors. If you could only see it in person it would make you literally gasp.

I'm not sure that I really like having a beard all that much. The itching has stopped thank god, but the zits are still wreaking havoc with my chin. Plus, things get stuck in there and have a difficult time struggling their way back out again. The other day, I was looking in the mirror while flossing and noticed something that looked suspiciously like a booger stuck to the side of my face. Moral of the story? I should stop picking my nose. And, maybe look in the mirror more than twice a day. Plus, whenever I eat or drink something, part of it dribbles down my chin and ends up stuck on my face somewhere. I can't decide if I've always had problems eating and the beard is only magnifying them, or if the beard is getting in the way and causing a less foodtight seal between my mouth and my eating/drinking utensils.

Two other things and I will stop talking about facial hair. 1) People totally check me out more when I have hair on my face. I can't tell if they're trying to figure out how I got so hot, or if they're wondering who let the old, homeless guy into their presence and hoping maybe that he doesn't smell bad. 2) I believe that once the beard gets to a certain point, it will totally imbue me with super powers. What they will be, only time will tell.

14 comments:

LSL said...

:o)

tina f. said...

HOT! They are checking you out because you totally wear a beard well. I anxiously await week 3.

The [Cherry] Ride said...

Now that I don't go into an office everyday, I find that I pretty much stop shaving. I had a full-on beard during most of December and liked it.

I hear you on the random colors that only come out in the beard. I had a few red hairs in mine. And now my chin hairs are made up mostly of GREY, which is a bit alarming.

d said...

i was freaked out about all of the gray on my chin also. at first. then i just decided to go with it and embrace my agedness.

Big Daddy said...

I once knew a guy who hard dark brown hair, blond-ish sideburns, and a red beard.

Freaky.

Dave said...

Dude, you have to stay with the beard. I miss mine terribly, and knowing that you're out there growing one makes me feel like maybe yours is like, the reincarnation of mine or something. Like the circle of life, you know? Also, blonde facial hair? Nice.

d said...

bd: i think what we're saying here is that beard hair is weird.

dave: i'm stickin' with it dude. at least until it gets as beautiful as yours was. before you committed treason. i'll let you pet it if you ask nice.

Le Sam du Tina said...

THAT IS A WORLD CHAMPION BEARD, SEAN. CONGRATULATIONS.

d said...

well, not yet, wait until next week. but thanks!

Michael5000 said...

Awesome!

I'm in. I'll shave for work tomorrow, but I'll also warn my boss I'm gonna be scruffy next week. BEARD ON, BABY!!!

d said...

welcome. good news. take pics.

Jeannette said...

I WANT A BEARD!

d said...

too bad you have a 'gina.

Jeannette said...

Ok, so weird, last night i had a dream I was in love with a girl who had a beard. But I only found out she had one cause the next morning she had stubble.

It's a sign. I am starting my own beard growing campaign.