1.13.2008

in sporting news


KU beat Nebraska last night, 79 - 58, which really wasn't much of a surprise. It was kind of a slow, boring game—I fell asleep about halfway through the second half, that's how not riveting it was. Now that we're in conference play I have to start paying attention to how the other Big 12 teams are doing:
1. Texas lost to Missouri! Holy shit. That is unbelievable. Missouri's not even ranked.
2. Colorado lost to A & M. Yeah, yeah. No surprise there. Colorado blows.
3. K-State beat Oklahoma! Only by two points, but still. I'm glad that K-State finally has a decent basketball team, but I don't like that they may be another contender for the Big 12 title this year.
4. Ok State beat Texas Tech. I hate Bobby Knight. I'm happy every time he loses.
5. Iowa St. loses to Baylor. Awww. Look at that, Baylor actually won a game. That's cute.

In other weekend news, I discovered Google Reader yesterday. It's awesome! I know I'm waaaaaayyy behind the curve ball here, but still. The only downside to knowing which of the sites I visit regularly have new posts is that when none of them have new posts it takes less time to scroll through all of them. The upside is that it takes less time to scroll through all of them. Now I have fewer excuses to stay on the couch. One of my friends keeps saying that Google is going to take over the world someday soon. I firmly believe it, with all of my being. They just have way too many toys that make your life easier.

8 comments:

boo said...

I have to try google reader now. I know rss is supposed to be simple, but it's not simple enough. I'll be checking the reader out today. Merci for the tip.

Bridget B. said...

Funny you mention google reader- I'm in the process of setting it up right now, going through all my bookmarked blogs (yours included) and loading 'em in . . . love it. Also spent some time last night watching fillupmonkeeshow after MK5 blew it a kiss, and damn, it's funny . . . and you can really see how it's gotten better over the months, too . . .

d said...

boo. it's pretty simple once you get all of your urls in there. although i wish they'd make it easier to load them all...

bridget: it's kind of tedious getting them all in there, but once you do... fillupmunkee is fantastic. and you're right, they do get better as you go along.

blythe said...

yeah, i saw that. hmm. our women bit it too. craptastic.

The [Cherry] Ride said...

Yes, google is going to take over th world. But you should not be happy about it.

LSL said...

Hey, cupcake! It was fun to read about the cute team winning, but you're going to have to spruce it up a bit if you're going to write about sports. More cupcake comments.

d said...

b: women? what is this you speak of?

cherry: somebody's gotta do it. might as well be google. just sayin'.

lsl: i've got your cupcake right here.

Michael5000 said...

Don't love the Reader, but LIKE the Reader well enough. Beats the alternatives.

Have you played with Google Trends?

Beard Notes: No one at work noticed my fourth-day beard until I pointed it out. In retrospect, pointing it out was kind of a mistake.