1.29.2008

i thought i should let you all know

The Really Awesome Beard Project has come to a screeching halt. I could take it no longer.The itchiness. The feeling of having a sea anemone on my upper lip. The cursed food and beverages getting stuck in it all the time. So, I shaved it all off on Saturday. God, I feel so much better. It was fun to pet and all, but really, when that's the only thing something has going for it, it's not really worth keeping around.

ETA: I had to take that picture of me off of here. It was really starting to creep me out to see my ugly mug so large and up close every time I visited my blog.

12 comments:

LSL said...

Gosh, you look like a baby. This is better, I think.

tina f. said...

Holy Crap. Well. It was very very strange while it lasted. Glad to have my friend as I am used to him back.

Dylan K said...

If you had taken my advice, just look at the glory you could have achieved!

The [Cherry] Ride said...

I'm with ya, bro. They're great for awhile but reality (and itching) sets in and the novelty wears off.

However, I am still all about the 3-4 day stubble look.

d said...

lsl: yeah. that's me. a baby. i do look younger without it.

t: it was strange. i'm glad the experiment is over.

dylan: while that would've been totally awesome, talk about never getting laid...

cherry: yep.

Big Daddy said...

You look ten years younger without it.

Wow.

Jeannette said...

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Michael5000 said...

Well, sheeeit. Just as I get past the scruff stage....

d said...

big d: that's mostly due to my crappy camera. inside it makes everyone look like what'shername in 'moonlighting'. you know. where everything was soft and out of focus?

j: YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

m5k: keep goin' dude. maybe you can succeed where i could only fail.

Big Daddy said...

aka The Barbara Walter Glow.

Melissa said...

Nice to see your face again. I was enjoying the beard experience...living vicariously etc. And Nikki said she liked it.

Dave said...

Quitter.