1.15.2008

'hawks trounce the sooners

85 - 55! And, for once we actually hit almost all of our free throws, 17 of 18! Free throws have always been the 'Hawks' downfall. The Sooners are gonna say that we won because their leading scorer, Blake Griffin, was injured five minutes into the game and never returned, but I say we woulda kicked their asses anyway.

So, that butt whupping brings our record to 17-0 overall and 2-0 in the conference.

In other Big 12 news:
No one else played recently, so I don't have to pay attention to the rest of the conference. W00t! Although some K-State freshman got named the Big 12 Player of the Week or something and this announcement adds to my nervousness about the strength of their team this year. We haven't had to worry about beating KSt in bball since Typhoid Mary was wandering around giving people the ol' stink eye, but now, this year, I am worried. We beat them in football earlier this year, which just about rent the universe in two, so that means we'll probably lose to them in bball. Aaaaagggghhh.

4 comments:

G said...

Whoa whoa whoa. I come back from LA and this is a sports blog? A spog? Eek.

Mrs. C said...

What G said!

d said...

g: wait a minute. you tolerate b babbling about football, but you can't handle me babbling about bball?

mrs c: whatever. i don't want any lip from you.

G said...

You had TWO posts in a row about basketball. I was worried! And what's up with the x365 (lack thereof, I mean)?