12.08.2007

way to go hippies!


My favorite breakfast cereal of the year is Nature's Path Flax Plus® Raisin Bran. It's organic, low in sugar, filled with flax (which is good for the ol' cholesterol you know), pretty darn tasty and did I mention, organic? So, absent of artificial chemicals and other shit that's not good for you. I discovered it about eight months ago and have pretty much been eating it every day since.

Except for the past two weeks that is.

Why?
You might ask (if you haven't fallen asleep or moved on to other, more exciting blogs yet). I'll tell you. They started packaging it in smaller boxes.

Well, what's the big deal with that? You might ask.

The answer to that question will show you how cynical I am. Without even looking at the package more closely, I automatically assumed that it meant they were trying to charge me more and give me less. How much do I suck?

Because last week I actually decided to take a look at the number of ounces on the front of the package. I'm sure by now you've guessed what I discovered: not only was it not less than the original packaging, it was .5 ozs more!

So, they were really being more conscious of the effects packaging their product has on the Mama Nature and trying to be somewhat eco-friendly. I say again, way to go hippies! Now I can feel even less guilty about buying their products. That, and I get to start eating my favorite cereal again.

2 comments:

Michael5000 said...

I love a story with a happy ending! Also, car chases.

d said...

damn! i forgot to tell you guys about the car chase i saw on my way back home from whole paycheck.