12.12.2007

ten tiny things

Big Daddy tagged me with this meme (I believe the kids are calling it). And even though I usually don't follow instructions well, I decided to go ahead and play along. Mostly because I didn't want to be a sourpuss.

1. When you were born, how much did you weigh?

5lbs, 6oz (something like that)

I was tiny. And three weeks early.

2. What's your sugar poison?

I love all things sugar-y. Lately I’ve been obsessed with Special Dark M&Ms. And the Endangered Species Dark Chocolate Raspberry candy bar.

3. If you had to choose between meat and cheese for the rest of your life, which would you choose? Then be specific.

This one’s easy. Cheese. I can do without meat. And I love me some cheese. I don’t understand the ‘be specific’ part. Does that mean which cheese specifically do I want? All of them. Duh.

4. What, in your opinion, is the worst song ever?

‘Hey Jude’ by the Beatles. Nothing makes me want to go on a killing spree more than that insipid piece of crap.

5. Who was your favorite teacher growing up and why?

Mrs. Bicknell – art teacher in high school
Mrs. Bruner – chemistry and anatomy teacher in high school

6. What personal activity, when performed in public, bothers you the most?

I agree with Big Daddy and Buffalo Void – clipping the finger or toenails. It’s mostly the sound of it that drives me crazy.

7. Ok, there's a $50 bill lying on the ground. You pick it up. Dumbfounded by your incredible luck, what do you selfishly purchase?

Windfall! Awesome. First I would dance like Michael Jackson in Thriller. Then I would go buy a coveted piece of outdoor gear. Or some music. Or some books.

8. Do you have a recurring nightmare? If so, explain.

I don’t have nightmares very often and very rarely remember them when I do, but there was one I kept having where all my teeth fell out…

9. Name one place on Earth you've never been, but vow to visit at least once.

I haven’t ever been anywhere, so there are a lot of places I want to see. New Zealand and Italy are top on my list.

10. You notice that question #9 wasn't really a question. You feel smart for catching such a small detail. What else can you do really well that reminds you how smart you are?

Um. Um. Um. Um.

9 comments:

Ann said...

Hey Jude is my favorite song ever! I guess we can't be friends any more.

d said...

oh ann. ann. ann. ann. ann. ann. ann.

nope. we're done. you're dead to me.

Michael5000 said...

The most that can be said of "Hey Jude" is that it's better than fucking "Rocky Racoon." I swear to god, I think there's some kind of mass hypnotism that makes people think that song is listenable. Crap! Crap! Crap! But this, of course, is just one man's opinion.

I want to leave a $50 where you'll find it, just so we could get the "Thriller" dance up on YouTube.

d said...

oh god. i forgot about 'rocky raccoon'. i kinda hate all things beatles, so it was really a toss-up.

i'll start practicing my thriller dance. it'll be awesome.

Big Daddy said...

'The Long and Winding Road' makes me want to spew Dorito chunks.

Big Daddy said...

Oh, and thanks for playing along!

d said...

certainly. don't let my grumbling fool you, i kind of like those sorts of things.

oh, and i'm also glad that i'm not the only one in the world that dislikes the beatles. or, at least beatles' songs.

Big Daddy said...

I don't mind the Beatles, it's just that they have some real stink-burgers.

blythe said...

somewhere in the black mountain hills of dakota there lived a young boy naked rocky raccoon, one day his woman ran off with another guy hit young rocky in the eyeeee rocky didn't like that he said, i'm gonna get that boy... and on and on. yes, i know every beatles lyric ever.

also, cheese!