12.18.2007

new music tuesday

Songs I'm liking this week:

1. Cowboy Hat | Boca Chica | Self titled - Nice, easy alt. country from a fellow Kansan.
2. The Shakes | Boy/Girl | Secret Secret Secret Singles - Rockin'.
3. I'll Follow You Tonight | Anna Ternheim | Paste Sampler 38 - Sweet, melodic and a little sad.
4. Jesus Walks | Kanye West | The College Dropout - A friend decided that I needed to get into rap. I kinda like it.
5. Little Red-Haired Girl | Ezra Fuhrman and the Harpoons | Banging Down the Doors - Look kids it's Bob Dylan you can actually understand. And like.
6. Listening to Otis Redding During Christmas | Okkervil River | Golden Opportunities Mixtape - These guys can do no wrong. I feel badly that I left Stage Names off of my end of the year list. So, I've been listening to this album non-stop as redemption.
7. Waiting for a Superman | Iron & Wine | Sounds Eclectic 3 - I firmly believe that this is the best song ever written. For some reason, this week, I decided I needed to listen to it again.
8. Walk in the Park | Oh No Oh My | Self titled - Twee, emo kids jammin'.
9. Stronger | Kanye West | Graduation - This is probably my favorite of the stuff he gave me. It's got mad beats and it's definitely the most user friendly.
10. Second Chance | Liam Finn | Paste Sampler 38 - yes. That Finn. I like this song better than anything New Order ever did.

14 comments:

blythe said...

i did not have you pegged as a kanye kid. i learn something new about people i don't really know everyday!

d said...

i know! isn't the internet amazing?

in all seriousness, i'da never pegged me for a kanye fan either. which is why i never really tried it. i guess i learn something new about myself every day.

Big Daddy said...

I actually like 'Stronger' but that is mostly because of the use of Daft Punk in it.

Big Daddy said...

I take it your a not big electronic music fan, but here's the original.

G said...

Dude—you are so, so on the money. In fact, I think I'm going to listen to Stronger right now. W00t! We should be friends, I think.

d said...

i totally forgot that you just blogged about stronger. it's kizmet or something.

G said...

Or karma! Or something that begins with k! Fo sho.

blythe said...

dear g and d, before you kids think you're too cool for school or get married or whatever, i'd check this: http://bee-spot.blogspot.com/2007/07/stuffity-stuff.html

how do you like them apples? uh huh...

d said...

ok b. you win the cool award. maybe we could all have a three-way?

G said...

Uhhh...

Ok. I'm clearly all about making rational decisions these days, anyway.

G said...

Play secretary and the boss tonight?

d said...

suweet! or astronaut/sexy aliens?

Michael5000 said...

I've been rapidly warming to Kanye, too. My reigning rap favorite is Blue Scholars, though. Probably a little more obscure, but very smart and with really interesting arrangements. You can tell their parents listened to a lot of jazz.

blythe said...

wow. i should check these comments more often. that's the most action i've gotten in days.