11.20.2007

randomocity

I don't feel like working today, and while I know cerebrally that this will make Monday pure living hell, today I do not care. Maybe I'll die in Chicago and won't have to worry about it right? So, instead of working, I'm gonna blog. You might want to sit down and get your noggin on straight, 'cause this is gonna be really rambly.

• During yoga class on Saturday I had to stop a couple of times because I felt like I was going to throw up. Then, for the next two days, I couldn't really leave the house because I felt like I might crap my pants at any moment. Today, it's gone.

• Also during yoga class on Monday a bunch of sweat ran down into my ears, and I seriously think I have swimmer's ear. It's all clogged up in there. Flying tomorrow is gonna be a blast.

• Have you heard of the movie, The Golden Compass? It comes out in December and it's based on the first in a series of novels called His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman. Roughly, it's about these kids who have to travel to the spirit world in order to save their own. One of the points of the plot is that organized religion is bad and God doesn't exist (Pullman is a confirmed atheist). Ok. So all of this is a long, roundabout way of saying that I read this thing today online written by some Christian nutjob who's all pissed off because someone dared put something out into the world that disagreed with his/her beliefs. My question is this: what are the Christians so afraid of? Is their god so weak that he can't stand up to some criticism and alternate ways of thinking? I happen to think that it would be a good thing if kids were exposed to all of the religions–atheism included–and then decided for themselves which is true.

• I raked leaves again today. Largely because the woman who lives next door to me refuses to rake hers, so they all blow into my yard. I tell you what though, if more of hers blow into my yard this time around, I'm gonna go out there and just shove them all back into hers. And maybe light them on fire while I'm at it.

• I'm totally in love with the band in the freecreditreport.com commercials.

• I'm going to Chicago tomorrow for T-giving. I'm pretty excited about everything about it but the airport. It's gonna be awful.

2 comments:

LSL said...

That band is awesome :)

I hope you have a great Turkey Day in Chicago!

d said...

isn't it? i still can't find anything that says if they're a real band or not.

i hope you have a great t-day in ny.