11.01.2007

the spoils of war

Being a new homeowner in a new neighborhood, I wasn't sure how many trick or treaters I was going to have last night, so being the overzealous person I am, I bought a good 4 lbs of candy. I figured that it was better to have too much than to run out halfway through the night.

I got somewhere around 15 kids on my doorstep from the time I turned on my light at 5.5p, until the time I finally gave up at about 10p.

So, I ended up with about 3 lbs of sugary goodness left over. Now, I have an insatiable sweet tooth, but even I can't go through that much candy. So, Nikki took it to vet school with her this morning. Hopefully, all of those stressed out vet students need a sugar fix.

2 comments:

blythe said...

i am seriously dying from sugar hangover. it's truly awful.

d said...

i think next year i'm gonna buy only the candy i don't like. that way i won't be tempted to eat any of it.

oh, who am i kidding? there isn'y any candy that i don't like.