11.10.2007

off to a good start

The 'Hawks official home opener to kick off the '07-'08 bball season was last night. I'm too cheap to buy a Full Court Pass, so I didn't get to see the game. Instead I went to a fundraiser. I know, I know, I lead a terribly exciting life. Try not to be too jealous. However, since I didn't get to bed until 1a in the morning and right now I feel like there isn't enough caffeine in the world to make me a living human being, I'm just gonna report the facts:

• 107 -78 against Louisiana Monroe (or something like that - all I know is that I've never heard of them before).

• Darnell Jackson got a personal record of 21 points in one game.

• 5 KU players scored in double points

• They shot 57% from the field.

I'm just extremely relieved and astoundingly happy that it wasn't another Oral Roberts. 'Cause that shit was just sad.

2 comments:

DougieB said...

You know, we have a ridiculous satellite setup now, feel free to bug us to come over to catch some Jayhawk games, as long as we can argue about the Big 12 and the Big 10.

d said...

dude. you don't know what you just signed up for. i'll put you in touch with my friend, tina.

let me know if you still want to watch games with me after you talk to her.