10.28.2007

a walk in the woods


I've been wanting to go hiking for about a week now, but I've had too much work to do, so even though it was a little cloudy, ok really cloudy, yesterday, Ann and I decided that it was still worth a try as long as we stayed close to home. So, we headed up to, you guessed it, Grey Rock!

It actually ended up being the perfect weather for a walk in the woods. Kind of chilly, but just fine once you put on your stocking cap and donned a light jacket. Plus, I love the colors of fall. Man, does it get any better?

I know I keep saying this, but I really do think it's time for me to stop taking the R-dog along. She had a pretty difficult time on the ups yesterday and this morning she can barely move.

We're supposed to go climbing today, but between the hike yesterday and the yoga class I went to on Friday, I'm pretty wiped out myself. Maybe if I have enough coffee...

There're more pics up on my Flickr® page.

4 comments:

Dylan K said...

Those are really nice pics. But what's this talk about coffee?

d said...

i know. i've finally become an adult.

blythe said...

were you a coffee late bloomer too? i've refused for the most part. i'll have it once a week, maybe, and then i don't drink it. i let it get cold and use that as an excuse. it just always tastes burned. i always cause a commotion at starfucks 'cause i don't know how to order. i get all crazy and try to ask for a medium coffee - they can't figure it out.

d said...

i've resisted becoming a coffee addict until just recently. i always drank coke instead. a lot of coke. you know what i found out? even if you buy the really expensive, organic, locally made coffee, it's still cheaper than coke. and less packaging. so, really, i'm drinking coffee for the betterment of the entire world. you can thank me later.