10.07.2007

one win, one loss


They have been struggling mightily for the past couple of weeks, but my soldiers finally lost the battle. Despite the many, many infusions of Emergen-C® mercenaries, the warriors succumbed and lost a bloody, violent war. They waved the white flag and surrendered yesterday and the virus swarmed in killed the children, raped the women and pillaged the town. Yes. It's true. I have a cold.

But, because of this, yesterday I was lying miserably on the couch, flipping the channels and stumbled upon the last half of the KU/KSU game. And, even though looking at Mark Mangione makes my heart hurt imagining all of the cholesterol that must be coursing through the veins of that very, very large man, I was able to watch the rest of the game. KU won! Not by a landslide or anything, but six points. Not a bad showing. Especially since they were playing at KSU. This puts their record at 5-0. I can't remember them having such a good win/loss percentage in my lifetime. If they keep this up, it may cause me to be interested in some other KU sport besides bball.

3 comments:

blythe said...

it was a good game!

i'm already nervous about OU getting its ass handed to them by MO on saturday and it's only thursday. damn.

big 12! stupid big 10 people or whatever it's called...

d said...

missouri will NOT beat OU. don't worry. missouri sucks at everything.

blythe said...

ok, good.