10.20.2007

when you can't think of anything else

I'm still feeling a little under the weather (it's been TWO FRICKIN' WEEKS already - seriously, it's gotta stop) and woke up today with a light fever and some lung cookies, so I called M and told her that I wouldn't be climbing. Then 3 o'clock rolled around and I decided I felt well enough to go to the gym and boulder a little. I made it through this roof problem that has been plagueing me for the past two weeks or so (yay me!) and was feeling pretty good so I kept on with the Intermediate problems. About halfway through my workout, I got on this problem that has an impossible stem-y start that I've never been able to even get on before and, lo and behold, I got on! But I couldn't figure out this other move that's about halfway up the route, so after three tries, I gave up and moved on to other, easier problems.

When I got back home I realized that I seriously pulled something in my left buttal region. It hurts. Which is a weird place to have a pulled muscle. Do you ice it? Put some heat on it? You certainly can't elevate it. Well, comfortably anyway. Guess it'll just have to be sore.

No comments: