9.15.2007

i got to go climbing today!


Finally. I got the chance to do some routes outside for the first time in almost a month. It's simply unbelievable that it's been that long. I met Ann, Dylan, Kate, Mark, Liz and Doug up at the Blair area of Vedauwoo this morning and we hit some stuff on Little John's Tower.

While the rest of the gang did Baobob Tree again, Ann and I went around the crag to work on Lady's Route 5.6. Ann did what was really a pretty amazing lead on it. She never fell and she only backed off once to reassess and then she just went for it, up this slope-y, lean-y, layback-y crack. From the ground it didn't really look all that hard, but once I got up to it, I decided that there was no way in hell that you could pay me to lead it.

Then, after lunch, Liz and Doug introduced me to this pretty amazing wall of sport climbs that I didn't know existed at Vedauwoo. We only had time to do one route, and I have no idea what it was called or what the rating was, but it was really nice to do sport again. And this one had some really nice moves on it.

Now, I'm home, kind of tired and ready to eat my arm. Instead of doing that though, I'm gonna have a cheeseburger.

No comments: