9.03.2007

the end is (possibly) nigh

Lately I've begun thinking that I should just shut this thing down. Stop doing this whole blogging thing, already. For I find myself bored, and more importantly, boring. I feel as though I have virtually nothing left to say. Oh, I'm sure I could find something to talk about, but wouldn't it just be oh so much blather? I'm not looking for accolades, or pats on the back, or encouragement… I'm just ruminating. It's difficult to wake up, look at yourself in the mirror and discover that you wouldn't even want to hang out with you.

Most likely I will change my mind someday and rediscover that thing that made me want to do this in the first place, but it's been a couple of months that I've felt this way and so far it hasn't gone away. Hopefully, Bush will do something soon that will really piss me off, or maybe, just maybe I'll start having a life again. Did I have one before? I don't know, but at least I felt like sharing the one I did have.

10 comments:

Dylan said...

I would miss it if you stopped, but there's no sense in letting it get unpleasant. Just wait till you want to say something, then come back!

Jeannette said...

I went on vacation and you gave up on your blog. Great. I never can do anything nice for myself without getting flack from you.

But, uh, most the time I hate my blog, too. Everyone hates their blog this month.

Wait for winter, when you're full of thoughts and afraid to leave the house.

tina f. said...

I think it is end-of-the-season doldrums myself. Right now I hate my apartment, my clothes, my awesome new haircut, my work out routine, everything.

You know me, I love summer. But a couple of months of anything over and over and you just start to get bored.

Also - you used to blog about your job a lot. And now that annoying co-worker is you.

You'll get used to it and learn to love to blog again.

d said...

here's hoping (?)

i haven't decided to quit it. i think i'll just take a little break and come back stronger than ever.

Jeannette said...

You should read a book that'll make you all uppidy about a subject. Like, "God is Not Great."

d said...

that's funny, 'cause i saw a bumper sticker yesterday that said 'god is good' and i thought to myself, 'no. no, he's really not.'

blythe said...

yeah, welcome to the sucky blog club. except yours doesn't. it's a weird thing, the blog. love/hate. sometimes complete apathy. you'll pull through.

LSL said...

I agree that we all feel this way at times, and I feel it now, too. I hope you keep going . . . how about a 100 Things? I'd love to read it.

d said...

what's a 100 things? you will have to explain. is that the '100 things you don't know about me,' thing? if it is, i'll take it under advisement.

LSL said...

Hey - yeah, it's that. A link to my list (and a few others) is right under my picture on my blog. It's kind of silly, but it gets things flowing.