6.13.2007

the final word

Tonight I took a break from all of the house stuff and finally made it out to Horsetooth Res. I met Dylan and Ann, and New Mexican friends, Dave and Lisa and little Wee D for an evening of bouldering. I had a really good night, making it through several problems that I didn't think I would. We even got Ann, an avid, vehement hater of bouldering, to try a couple of problems, in my shoes, because we were having so much fun.

I also realized that my last few posts about the house have been a little gritchy and I wanted to clear up any thoughts you might have that I hate my house. Quite the contrary, I love my house. I really do. It's the perfect size for me, I like the layout and the fact that it's on a corner lot. The location is awesome and so is the neighborhood. And most of all, I like the fact that it's mine. Well, it's the bank's really since I haven't even made one single payment yet (not counting the down payment), but on the face of it, it's mine. And, I really do like working on it, even though I keep bitching about painting, it gives me something to do at night besides watch tv or goof around on the interbunny. I'll be even happier when I really get settled in and change the few cosmetic things that I don't like. All of them relatively easy and cheap to complete.

So, raise your glass to being a homeowner. It's nowhere near as terrifying as I thought it would be.

No comments: