4.21.2007

i loved her and now i'm sore


No. Not that. Get your mind out of the gutter already.

Today, in honor of Earth Day, I joined a group of volunteers and Trees, Water, People to plant some trees at a new park that's being built on the west end of FC. We dug a lot of holes, hauled a ton of trees and many, many buckets of water for about five hours to get it all done. But we did it. And made the world a nicer, cleaner more environmentally friendly place. The volunteers ranged in age from 6 to about 60. It was great to see so many people out trying to do something for the environment, and it was especially nice to see the young kids out there.

Get 'em early I always say.

I had thoughts that I would go boulder afterwards, but I have absolutely no energy left. And I'm pretty sore. So I think I'll leave it for another day.

Grow up nice and strong little guys.

1 comment:

Dylan said...

Are you crazy, don't you know that trees produce huge amounts of CO2? Now you've gone and contributed to global warming.

Of course we drove the car around and produced CO2 also. But our car is painted green!

All to say, well done.