1.07.2007

winter blows

After spending a fitful, restless night of tossing and turning for no reason I can discern, I finally got out of bed at 6a and turned on the Weather Channel.

Now, don't think I'm a freak, well, at least not for that. I don't normally turn on the Weather Channel first thing in the morning., but we were supposed to go snowshoeing, and I wanted to see what the weather was going to be like up in the mountains. Turns out not so good. It's great in Fort Collins, but apparently about 15 miles up the Poudre Canyon it's shite. They're saying 25 - 30 mph winds which are causing something called a 'ground blizzard.'

So, no snowshoeing today.

Last night while surfing the interbunny, I discovered that someone out there makes winter tires for bicycles. So, instead of braving the snow, I'm going to go to Lee's to see if I can find some new kicks for my bike. I looked online this morning and couldn't find any, but that's probably because I don't know what I'm looking for, so I'm thinking I should go ask the experts. That way I can start riding again.

I'm going to do my best to not let winter get the best of me.

2 comments:

Dylan said...

I think this is what you're looking for.

craptastic said...

that made me laugh right out loud. can you imagine?