12.22.2006

winter fucking wonderland


I spent almost the whole day yesterday shoveling out the driveway. They never bother to plow the street I live on, so one of my neighbors who drives a bigass Bronco decided to drive laps around the square to try and pack some of it down, then my other neighbor and I took our shovels and leveled out some of the high spots. My back hurts. A lot. And, apparently, it wasn't enough. I was able to get out of the neighborhood this morning to take the R-dog to the kennel, but when I tried to get back to my house, I got stuck. Yet another neighbor had to use his Forerunner to pull me out and then I had to leave my car at Nikki's house. Which is twenty minutes outside of town. What was interestin to me about it was how helpful these people were. I've never met any of them before, yet they didn't hesitate to help me out of a jam. Usually, I'm pretty cynical about the human race in general, but it's times like these that give me a little hope.

All this just so I can hopefully, maybe fly out of Denver tomorrow to go home. I've been trying to call the shuttle service all day to see if they're still coming to get me in the morning, but it's been busy.

So, I may get to go home, I may not. Keep your fingers crossed.

No comments: