12.10.2006

a weekend

Friday night I had to go to the dreaded work Christmas Party. Forced frivolity is one of the things I don't really like about this time of year. Don't get me wrong, Christmas is my favorite holiday, and for the most part, I really enjoy the season, I just dread the madatory fun aspect of work situations. I'm not sure why everyone thinks that their employees need these sorts of things in order to feel appreciated. Personally, I'd rather just have some cash. But, it actually wasn't too bad. I like the people I work with and this one was not so much a party as it was dinner at a fancy restaurant. We went to the Canyon Chop House, a place that apparently has been around for a couple of years, but I had never heard of before. The menu was supplied by mostly local companies and quite a bit of it was organic. Therefore, I pigged out without feeling too guilty. The food was great and I got to try a new beer that I'd never had before. Young's Chocolate Stout. Excellent. It was like drinking a milk shake. Made for adults. It was nice to try some place new that I probably would never go on my own. Much too pricey.

Saturday I spent a large part of the day working on a series of illustrations I'm doing as part of my year-end mix:

I only have three done and need to finish 18 more. By Christmas.

Then, tonight I joined Ann and Dylan and Liz and Doug at Coopersmith's to celebrate Doug's last day in the Air Force. Which was Friday.

So, a full and fun weekend is complete and I am so not ready to go back to work tomorrow.

Oh. And the 'Hawks won on Saturday. I knew you were dying to find out the results of the game:

No comments: