12.13.2006

it's wednesday again

Last night after I finally arrived at my domicile, I sat there eating some scrambled eggs, looking at the box of Christmas cards I still need to send out and decided that I just don't have the energy.

I know that I will feel guilty if I don't, but man. I just don't wanna. So, don't be surprised if I don't spread the joy of the season this year.

Now, it's Wednesday again and I'm cranky about it. Probably because I didn't get to go climbing last night.

And, Monday night I only got about three hours of sleep. It sucks to wake up at 1.5a and realize that you're not ever going back to sleep and you still have about five hours to lie there and stare at the clock, hoping that you might. It's the uncertainty that kills me. 'Cause you think that if you do nothing and lie very, very still, you will be able to sleep again. And, you think that if you get up and start doing stuff that you will not. Then you don't anyway, and you end up wasting five hours that you could've used to at least read a book or something. Or send out Christmas cards.

So, I took sleepy time last night and today I feel sluggish. And sleepy.

Oh, and weirdly, the thumb I sprained back in August has been hurting for the past couple of days. I think it's feeling sympathy pains for my ankle. They share the same side of my body and all. It's freaking me out a little.

No comments: