12.20.2006

holy mother nature



So you may have seen on the news that the weather forecast for Colorado calls for a little bit of snow over the next couple of days. Well, for once, the weatherpeople were spot on. I woke up this morning and it was just sort of spitting a little and I thought, 'Yep. As usual the forecast was wrong.' And I decided to go into work. By 10a it was snowing buckets. And the wind. You wouldn't believe it. You know how they always say that there's a blizzard outside? But really that means just some snow and a light breeze? Well, I think this qualifies as a blizzard. In the past four hours at least a foot of snow has appeared on the ground out there.

But, don't worry about me. I'm at home. Probably trapped here for the next week or so, but safe. And, I've got snowshoes if I really need to get outside.

At least I won't have to go to work for the next couple of days.

1 comment:

Ann said...

We did this same thing this morning: What's all the fuss about? Dylan rode his bike to work. At 11 he IM'd me to say CSU was closing at noon. I've never known CSU to close! I drove home--slowly--and it wasn't bad because everyone was being very reasonable and cautious, but it took nearly an hour. Anyway, so here we are, in our respective cozy domiciles, with unexpected time on our hands! How nice! Pray the internet connection stays up! This is truly the kind of weather that makes you think about how "prepared" you are to sit something out. Do I have food? Water? Warmth? etc. We started wondering if our propane heat would even work w/o electricity. Something to investigate. Well, if you feel up to an online game of scrabble or something, let me know! I'm on IM!