10.29.2006

yep

No rock climbing again this weekend. I hope this isn't the start of a rut.

Yesterday I spent most of the day at Pat and Derek's attending their annual (?) Pumpkin Carving Contest. I found out Friday night that we had to supply our own pumpkins so on my way over to their house I stopped at Safeway and purchased a not-quite-rotten-yet seasonal gourd. Since I was on my bike, I had to find one that would fit into my messenger bag which was more difficult than you'd think. And I didn't even end up carving the damn thing because by the time we broke out the sharp cutting instruments I was too drunk to handle one responsibly.

I never mind riding my bike to the place where I'm planning on imbibing, but I always find it dissatisfying on the ride back. Last night was no exception. 1) It was colder than I had planned on and 2) A car full of stupid, drunk frat guys started yelling idiotic things at me while I was stopped at an intersection. Things like, 'Nice helmet.' You'll be proud of me though, I refrained from flipping them off. Mostly because that probably would've resulted in me getting my ass kicked. I'll never, ever understand the appeal of yelling out a car window at strangers. And, weirdly, this happens to me more than I'd like. Mostly when I'm walking the R-dog.

Today I spent the day surfing the web mostly. I did manage to go to the grocery store and clean the house though, so at least I accomplished something. Ann called me at 6p and during the course of our conversation I realized that my appliances let me down. Both my phone and my computer forgot to set their clocks back and I was off an entire hour all day long. I feel like I could've done something hugely productive with that hour. Like Google something really, really interesting or something.

No comments: